Thursday, September 17, 2015

Some days are just better than others

Sometimes, I think about all of the things your dad and I miss out on with you.  When I went to the homeschool equivalent of parent teacher night, I walked past one class very quickly.  Thankfully, my childhood friend was the teacher so I am sure she knew why I couldn't look in her direction.  You would have been in that class.   I see those kids and it is hard to imagine you in there.  I am sure you would have rocked 3rd grade but WOW, that seems so old.   I don't always think about you being big because we struggled so hard to get you to grow.  I saw some pictures of you yesterday.  Those hospital days feel like yesterday and an eternity away at the same time.  In so many ways, I miss those days.  Everyday knowing you were being cared for by the very best but, I will never ever miss the scary days, the dark days, and the ones where only tears were shed.

I was thinking tonight how yesterday, Kinley took her first steps while I held out a treat.  You loved treats and your first time walking was so you could eat a banana.  I think about what you are doing in Heaven, a lot.  I know Heaven is a wonderful place and I am sure you are cared for but, I would enjoy a little glimpse.  But then, maybe that would make me miss you even more.  My biggest fear is that I will forget you.  That I will forget the memories, the funny jokes, and the sound of your voice.  As much as I love listening to videos of you, at the same time, it hurts like pins and needles.  I may never understand this life but I know that I miss you to the moon and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment