Friday, February 26, 2016

That last month

Everyday is just like yesterday.  People may say that you get over it but, especially for that last month of Weston's life, I remember every moment.  I haven't cried in the car in a very long time.  One of my best Angel mom friends, Jennifer S. told me once that she stopped crying in the car around the first year.  I guess that was true for me.  Except, yesterday, I cried all day.  I cried at the store.  I cried in the car.  I cried just thinking about Easton becoming a big kids and going into a middle school high school community year after next.

Our trip to Philly this past weekend was AMAZING!  I know Weston lives in Philly.  I just like to follow his footsteps.  We would go to the park for him to play.  The Terruso's, Millie, and Patrice are so dear.  His favorite doctors and nurses all weekend.  And my Philly Heart Moms being absolutely amazing at the CHF Ball.  I adore the CHF family.  Such wonderful folks putting on the spectacular event!   It was just the happiness that dreams are made of and I could feel Weston all weekend long. I kept walking through Rittenhouse (I kept losing things that I needed) and so much reminded me of our walks. Our final dinner was a surprise (we didn't know we would stay the extra day in Philly) but one of our fav PA's met me at the Jefferson Institute to help me with the kids.  Adam was busy doing school work (more of this later).  Karen and I rocked it!  Few people will volunteer to go with you to a museum you plus 8 kids-1 borrowed.

We proceeded onto dinner.  Dr. Hanna and Stephen were already there.  It was just incredible.  Kinley was afraid of him last time but this time, she was intrigued.  Ellie talked nonstop, Easton picked his brain, and Sutton fell in love with Stephen.  Seeing Sutton love on S was just like the Weston love. We ate so much overly delicious food and spent so much time catching up.  There were a couple of empty chairs but as I saw Dr. Hanna holding Kinley, I knew W was there.  If you know her, she is a screamer.  She does not like anyone new.  She went to him and studied his face.  He fed her plates of yummy food.  Ellie talked his ears off.  She was nonstop.  If you don't know, Dr. Hanna is her favorite person ever.  We have a hard time telling her we are going to the pediatrician because she requests a Dr. Hanna consult.  We missed Heather and Rachel.  Two of my fav gals.

I want to thank you Philly, for loving Weston and for loving us!  We always look forward to next time.

Thank you all!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment