Friday, April 10, 2015

One Year Plus: Now What?

One Year Plus: Now What?

It has been over a year now, and here I sit missing my boy. Over the last year I have been angry, mad, lonely, lost, happy, sad and about every other feeling you can be. My marriage has been the best and the worst, we have fought and cried. To put it simple the last year has been hard.
We where finally able to all live under the same roof for the first time. It is a weird thing to have to get to know your wife a second time. Thankfully we were able to find an Awana’s for the kids to go to, this was such a blessing for Julie and I. The kids got to do their thing and we got two of the most important hours to work on our marriage. I am so happy that we have had this time to reconnect.
The kids have also had their up and downs. They missed us and we missed them. It is so good for my heart to be able to hold my kids again, to be able to see them everyday is so good for me. It is such a wonderful thing to see the kids all together and playing. The kids have shown me so much, the way they remember Weston and tell stories of the fun times they had together.
So after over a year what have I learned, I have learned it is not easy moving on. Life sucks sometimes, yeah it sucks, that is just how life is. I have learned that marriage is hard, and marriage after the death of a child is even harder. Weston taught me many things and maybe the most important was to enjoy life now. 
I would challenge you to enjoy life now and never stop working on your life. Love your family, love your kids, and love you spouse (or whatever). Love will get you though a lot but work will also be required. 

Thanks to all who have help me and my family.






AK

No comments:

Post a Comment