Saturday, May 9, 2015

Mother's Day

What do I want for MD?  I want my child back, healthy and free of disease.  I want to have never seen kids on ecmo, struggling to breathe, and struggling to survive.  I wish every child had a pulse of screening and that CHD's were picked up on prenatal ultrasounds.  I wish all doctors offered families hope.   I wish every family with a sick child had a wonderful PACT team like we had at CHOP.  I wish that other mothers never have to endure the heartache that I feel each day and that not another family moment is taken for granted.  I want to have never known a child who died from PH, cardiac illness, cancer, or the million other childhood diseases that are so prevalent now.   I want every mom to feel as loved and treasured as I do by Adam and, on most days, our kids.  I want single moms to know what rock stars they are.  I want my mom friends battling disease to be cured.  I want everyone to treasure the funny moments with your kids.  Enjoy them being wild and carefree.  I want everyone to have a 4 year old tell them everyday that they are their best buddy.  I want everyone to have a 3 year old twirl around in her new dress and then tell you that you are "boo tiful".   I want everyone to have a child like Easton-a treasured soul wise beyond his years.  I want everyone to have a Weston-a warrior, bringing light into the world even after death.  I want everyone to have an Abby-a patient, caring, baby loving girl.  I want everyone to have an Emery-my bossy, bug loving, artistic child.  I want everyone to have a Sutton-the class clown always coming up with hilarious things.  I want everyone to have an Avery-a bossy 4 year old ready to take over the world.  I want everyone to have an Ellie-a sweet girl with a naughty streak.  And, I want everyone to have a Kinley-a sweet love who spreads joy by giving sweet smiles.  I want my friends who have lost children to never have endured that pain.  I want my friends who struggle with infertility to miraculously get pregnant or adopt and fill their home with sweet faces.  My hope tonight is that our kids know that they are loved more than the moon and the stars and maybe, just maybe, Weston will come see me in my dreams..  I love you all and hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow!  

1 comment: