Saturday, December 12, 2015

Dear mama of our transplant Angel,

While today, two years ago was the day Adam and I had been waiting for, for Weston, we had also been praying for you for years.  Life shouldn't be like this.  No child should have to die.   It is just unnatural.   But, last night, two years ago, your daughter passed.  You decided then to make the amazingly brave decision to donate her organs to children you didn't know.  In the middle of your tragedy, you gave my baby a second chance at life.  Grateful doesn't describe it.  Adam and I spent years while Weston waited on the transplant list hoping for God to give you peace or for God to intervene and Weston not need a transplant.  Two years ago, millions of people started praying for you because you are the mother of Weston's Angel donor.  I hope those people still keep you on their minds because I think about you everyday.  Although Weston's transplanted life was very short, you gave us the gift of knowing that we had done all we could do.  You, unknowingly, helped us move the earth, moon, and stars to keep him on this earth.  So, today, wherever you are, I hope you feel surrounded by all of the prayers and thoughts and love that I ask all of Weston's followers for, for you.  In honor of your daughter, Adam and I challenged people to sign up to be organ donors.  So far, over 3,000 have done so.  I hope that you know that your gift was not in vain and that we treasured the months after transplant.  You allowed our son to celebrate another Christmas, take another bubble bath, ride is tricycle around the CICU, and most importantly, spend time with his brother and best friend.  You gave us the gifts that no one else could.  Please know that we will never forget you or your daughter.  We will think of you daily and your admirable decision.  I hope others are as brave as you and sign the organ donor card or do it online at http://1.usa.gov/19QysQ8

No comments:

Post a Comment